Energy is Wasted When Coils do not Operate Efficiently
Achieving the ideal amount of heat transfer in a given coil is critical for overall system efficiency. When this does not occur, pumps, chillers and boilers must work harder to maintain space setpoints, a scenario that creates substantial energy waste. This is especially problematic in large chilled water systems because it frequently results in low Delta T – meaning that return water temperatures to the chiller are lower than the designer intended which undermines chiller plant efficiency.
Many of these problems can only be addressed at the coil. Fortunately, the Belimo Energy Valve helps detect and address all of the following scenarios that commonly impact coil performance and thus system efficiency:
- Coil degradation due to fouling and scale.
- Improperly sized coils.
- Poor valve authority results in under or overflow of the coil.
- Changes made elsewhere in the system that frequently impact other circuits which are inherently interactive.
- Belimo CCV (Characterized Control Valve).
- Electromagnetic flow sensor.
- Advanced control options with Belimo Delta T Manager.
- Supply and return water temperature sensors, for energy management.
- BACnet MS/TP or BACnet IP network communication.
The Energy Valve is a pressure independent characterized control valve that is multi-tasking at all times to optimize the coil performance.