Pressure Independent Valve Innovations for the Design of Tomorrow
- Pressure independent valves compensate for pressure variations, performing a continual balancing function to maintain system performance at varying loads.
- Precise flow control eliminates over-pumping and provides favorable energy savings.
- Equal percentage flow characteristics leads to system controllability.
- Linear flow is used when controlling applications different than cooling/heating coils; like bypass control.
- Pressure independent valve prevent energizing additional chillers by maintaining desirable Delta T.
- Constant flow performance significantly reduces actuator movement, providing less hunting and wear on the valve assembly.
- Pressure independent valves are selected based on coil flow rate and no Cv calculations are needed.
The ePIV is a two-way valve which is unaffected by pressure variations in a system. The ePIV directly measures flow by combining a magnetic flow meter and a 2-way control valve.
The actuator has a powerful algorithm that modulates the control valve to maintain the exact flow based on the control signal set by the DDC controller. The flow reading is reported back to the controller using a standard signal, and this value can be used by the Building Automation System to perform advanced control and energy strategies. The ePIV is a valve designed specifically for HVAC applications.
The ePIV complements the existing line of Pressure Independent Characterized Control Valve (PICCV) to offer a complete range of pressure independent valves.
Features and Benefits
- Simplified valve sizing and selection, no Cv calculations required.
- Real flow measured and provided as feedback using a standard signal (0-10 VDC) providing high stability across the whole load range.
- Constant flow performance significantly reduces actuator movement, providing less hunting and wear on the valve assembly
- Magnetic flow sensor, no maintenance required and no moving parts.
- Accuracy is not affected by temperature or media, up to 50% glycol.
- The flow characteristic can be changed from equal percentage to linear with Belimo’s PC-Tool without using any hardware.